Are you unsure if you should repair or replace your roof? The team at G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. can assist you with your property. Here are a few situations you may be facing:
- Spreading Damage – If you have been noticing an issue has only gotten worse, such as missing or damaged shingles, you should most likely replace your roof. This problem could be a sign that your roof is no longer doing its job. It is only a matter of time before you will need to replace it.
- Roof Age – When was the last time you replaced your roof? If it is only a few years old, then you can have it repaired. Roofing that is more than two decades old may need to be replaced. The decision hinges on the style of roof on your house or building.
- Selling Your Property – People who are buying a new home are going to pay attention to the age of the roof. Many will want you to replace it before they even buy it. If you want to get the highest possible return on your investment, you should replace your roof.
The team at our roofing company in Edgewater, FL, is available to help you decide if you should repair or replace your roof. You can request that a member of our team come to your location and provide you with an idea regarding the services you need for your property.
Are you concerned about your roof leaking? Our team has put together some valuable information that you should know about locating and preventing leaks:
- Watch Your Chimney, Skylights, and Vents – When roofs leak, they tend to leak around one of these areas. The next time it is raining, you should take a look at these areas to ensure that the rain is flowing around it. If not, you may need to have these spots flashed or resealed.
- Take Care of Your Gutters – Having quality gutters installed in your home is essential, as they protect your foundation and direct water away from the roof. When your gutters are clogged, water will start to pool on your roof, which may lead to leaks. A specialist will be able to tell you if your gutters are working properly.
- Look for Algae and Mold – Many Florida homeowners have to deal with algae and mold on their roof. These spots tend to leak. Keep your eye out for discoloration on your roofing.
Whether you have a small leak or need help with an extensive repair, the roofers in New Smyrna Beach, FL, at G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. can help you. Our business is proud to offer residential and commercial services throughout the community, including Edgewater, Holly Hill, Palm Coast, and Daytona.
Many homeowners know about shingle roofing, but did you know there are different kinds of shingles? Our business is proud to offer two selections for your home – architectural and three-tab shingles. There are benefits to both of these styles of shingles.
Architectural shingles are the most common shingles used for Florida homes. These options are made from asphalt and are installed in non-conforming shingle tab layers. These selections are known for holding up in the wind and having a long lifespan. Many people like this option because many homeowners’ insurance policies will give you a discount for installing these shingles on your home.
Our business also offers three-tab style shingles that are installed in a single layer on your home. This option is ideal for people who are on a budget, as they cost less than architectural shingles. That said, it is important to note that you will have to replace a roof with this style of shingles sooner than an architectural shingle roof.
Count on the specialists at G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. to help you make the right choice for your budget. Our roofing contractors in Daytona Beach are happy to come to your home and provide you with an estimate for our services.
Are you in the market for a new roof? The team at G & W Roofing is here for you. We offer a vast array of roofing options for your property, including metal roofs. Here are a few benefits to installing a new metal roof on your home:
- A Fire-Resistant Option – Metal roofing is resistant to fire, which means you can rest assured that your roofing will be able to withstand fires that happen in your area, as well as stand up to any fire that may occur in your home.
- Metal Roofing is Affordable – You may have to spend a little more on the initial investment, but you will spend less money on a metal roof on the whole. The average shingle roof only lasts about 17 years, while a metal roof can last as long as 50 years in some cases.
- Environmentally Friendly – If you are concerned about the environment, then metal roofing is the perfect choice for your sustainable home. Metal roofing is made from sustainable materials and can be recycled when it is being replaced.
Whether you are seeking someone to assist you with a metal roof installation in Holly Hill, FL, or need assistance in South Daytona, you can rest assured that the team at our business is available to help you.
Are you aware of the concept of roof pitch? If your answer is yes, then it’s likely that you are in the home construction industry or you have had a new roof installed on your home or business. Most individuals who have not worked with roofing before are not familiar with the concept. At its most basic definition, roof pitch is a term used to talk about the angle of your roofing. Whether you are investing in a new roof or purchasing your first home, you should know about roof pitch and how it can affect your property.
When purchasing a new home, you want to find a property with a roof that has a steep pitch. These roofs will help direct rain and debris to the ground, which is perfect for your home during hurricane season, as it will protect your home from the elements. If the home you currently own has a smaller pitch, you can consult with a roofing specialist to learn more about increasing your roof pitch. They will be able to provide you with information about available roofing materials, as well as what types of changes they will need to make to your existing frame.
When you are interested in purchasing new roofing in Daytona Beach, FL, you can count on the talented team at G & W Roofing to help you. We are proud to provide services throughout the surrounding communities.
Finding a roofer to assist you with your home or business can be complicated. Before you pick up the phone and hire the first person on Google, you should do the following to make sure you are choosing the right business for your needs:
- Do Your Research – Roofers are a dime a dozen, so you should spend some time to see what makes one roofer better than the other. Spend some time reading Yelp and other review sites to see what people think about roofers in your area. Furthermore, you can click past the first page of Google results to see if there are other options out there.
- Set Up a Consultation – Before you decide to hire a roofer, you should set up a meeting or consultation to discuss your potential project. A dedicated roofer will take the time to meet up with you, answer questions, and provide you with an estimate. If the roofer refuses to meet you, then keep searching.
- Always Request a Contract – When you have a contract, you can lay out essential details like timelines, prices, warranties, and any other specific info relevant to your project. You should never work with a roofer that refuses to give you a contract.
Find talented roofers in Ormond Beach, FL, as well as the surrounding areas, when you call the team at G & W Roofing at (386) 427-2798. We are always happy to provide you with a free estimate for the work you need to have performed.
When you own a home or business, you should always be paying attention to your property to ensure that it is in good shape. Your roof is one of the many spots you have inspected regularly. Our team has put together three reasons why you may need to invest in roof repair services:
- Old Roofing – Do you know how old your roof is? If it has been more than 20 years since someone worked on your roof, then it is likely that you may need some repairs or general maintenance. You can call a member of our team and ask them to check out your roof for any issues.
- Sunshine in the Crawlspace – When you start to notice small bits of sun shining through your roof, you need to contact a roofer to help you with the issue. They will be able to repair these small holes, as well as repair any damage around the holes.
- Missing Shingles – If you own a property with a shingle roof, you should inspect it to see if any shingles are missing. Missing shingles could cause additional damage to your home when bad storms happen.
The crew at G & W Roofing is available to assist you with your property today. You can call us when you are looking for roofers in Edgewater, FL, as well as surrounding areas like Ormond Beach, Daytona, Holy Hill, and Port Orange.
Have you started looking into selling your home? If so, you know that there are a lot of things you need to do to your home before you sell it to ensure that everything is in good shape. If your home needs roofing repairs, then you may need to consider putting your property on the market “as is.” Before you make this decision, you should reconsider it.
Attempting to sell a home with a damaged roof is hard for any seller. One of the most significant issues with this problem is that you will not be able to ask for as much money as you could with a home that has a working roof. Another issue is that these homes tend to attract buyers who are only interested in flipping property. These buyers will often make an offer that is way lower than your already low asking price. In addition to all of these issues, potential buyers may have trouble securing the necessary financing to purchase your house. Most lenders require that issues like roof repairs be handled before closing.
Make sure your roof is in great shape before you sell your home when you contact the team at G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. Our roofing contractors in Daytona Beach are available to provide you with both repair and installation services.
Do you want to learn more about your roof? Take a look at this list of common roofing terms you may not be familiar with:
- Drip Edge – This is an L-shaped strip made of metal that is installed along the edge of a roof that ensures water will run off of it appropriately.
- Fire Rating – Fire rating is a system that is used to classify the fire resistant of roofing material. A class material is the highest rated. The other ratings are B, C, and unrated.
- Rafters – This term is used to refer to the supporting frame of your roof. Your roof deck is attached to the rafters.
- Truss – The truss is the part of your roof that supplements the rafters in your home or business. These parts of the roofing are explicitly designed for your roofing and should not be removed or changed.
- Valley – This is the angle that is formed when two sloped roof surfaces intersect.
Learn more about your roofing from a specialist at G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. When you need a roofer in Daytona Beach, as well as many other surrounding Central Florida cities, we are the crew to contact.
It does not matter how tough you think your roof is – it can be damaged with incredible ease. We have put together a list of three common causes of roof damage:
- Pests – Whether you have rodents in your crawlspace or termites in your walls, there are a wide array of pests who will cause damage to your home. They can chew holes in the roof, make cracks in the roofing material, and cause structural damage that can ruin your home or business.
- Age – Do you know how old your roof is? Most shingle roofs only last for about 25 years. It is crucial that you stay up to date on this information and make sure you perform regular maintenance on your roof to keep it in good shape.
- Inclement Weather – Thunderstorms, hurricanes, and other severe weather can cause a lot of damage to your roof. The winds may rip shingles off your roof or cause debris like tree limbs to crash into your building. If you think you have any problems with your property, you should consult a specialist to ensure that your roof will be able to withstand any weather.
Update the roof on your home or business today with help from G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. We provide new roofing in Daytona Beach, FL, as well as many other Central Florida locations.